I think Taco Bell’s realized that they can fit more stuff into their crunchwraps, so instead of giving you more meat, they’ll just throw in an inexpensive corn tortilla which from a business standpoint is absolutely genius. For our version we decided to go the Hellthy route and not only add more meat, but try a second iteration giving you three different types of meat as well. The options are endless here and I would bet some heavy money that Taco Bell will have another crunchwrap give or take 6 months in the future.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- Giant Flour Tortillas
- 80/20 Ground Beef
- 6" Corn Tortillas
- Taco Seasoning
- Nacho Cheese
- Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- Diced Tomatoes
- Shredded Lettuce
- Julia's New Pan: http://amzn.to/1NsMnQw
- Food Processor (optional): http://amzn.to/1M9eyFc
- Pressure Cooker: http://pressurecookerdeal10.com/
- Deep Fryer: http://amzn.to/1MRHIG5
- Cast Iron Skillet: http://amzn.to/1X4glQB
- Steak & Chicken... or Pork... Fish? Why not
- Skip to step 6 if you know how to cook meat
- For the chicken we went with a pressure cooked method so we could get pull apart shredded chicken that's moist and seasoned. Add chicken to pressure cooker or slow cooker with 1 tbsp oil, 1 chicken bouillon cube and water until the chicken is submerged completely. Add in your taco seasoning generously, roughly 1 tbsp per chicken breast. Set it and forget it when its done you shred it.
- For the steak, rub it down in oil and seasoned it with taco seasoning. Make sure the steak is room temperature before searing. Sear on a cast iron skillet, medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Let it rest for at least 10 minutes. If you want the steak well done, finish it off in the oven.
- Brown ground beef, drain grease and blitz the ground beef chunks in a food processor to get a finer consistency. This is optional, but the texture will taste like Taco Bell. Add your seasoning & water, bring to boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- We decided to deep fry the corn tortillas to give it that extra crunch / crisp. Fry for 2 minutes or until you get the consistency you desire.
- Assemble the Triple Double: Large Flour Tortilla, Nacho Cheese, Beef, Corn Tortilla, Nacho Cheese, Beef, Corn Tortilla, Sour Cream, Lettuce, Tomato, Fold. Grease both sides and grill 2 minutes per side on medium heat or until golden brown. Cut & Enjoy.
- Assemble the Quadruple Triple: Large Flour Tortilla, Nacho Cheese, Steak, Corn Tortilla, Nacho Cheese, Shredded Chicken, Corn Tortilla, Nacho Cheese, Beef, Corn Tortilla, Sour Cream, Lettuce, Tomato, Fold. Grease both sides and grill 2 minutes per side on medium heat or until golden brown. Cut & Enjoy.