Didn’t you love these as a kid? Or are you still a kid and you currently love them? It doesn’t matter because this is just an amazing fun recipe to do with friends and family in the kitchen. Be creative and make whatever emotion you want!
- 2 Cups Russet Potatoes (5 medium potatoes)
- 2 Tbsp Masa Flour
- ¼ Cup Breadcrumbs (plain)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Oil for Frying
- Clean and peep all of your potatoes
- Chop them into cubes and boil them in water for 5 to 10 minutes or until fork tender
- Either grate them or grind them until they are a shreds
- In a bowl combine 2 Cups of smashed potatoes, 2 Tbsp Masa Corn Flour, ¼ Cup Breadcrumbs and 1 tsp Salt until this mixture turns into a non-sticky dough
- Roll into a ball and set in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes
- Roll out into dough and either cut small circles and make regular sized smiley fries or form that one ball into one giant smiley fry
- Be creative with what you have in the kitchen to form the face however you'd like
- Let it firm up in the freezer before deep frying
- Deep Fry at 350°F for 5 minutes or until golden brown
- Dip it in a big bowl of ketchup and enjoy!