The new thing is to take a normal food and make it into something that seems cultural… like a Oreo cookie and transform it into a taco. If you are a dessert and chocolate fanatic then you are sure to devour your Oreo taco in seconds after it being built. Plus there is something so fun about eating your dessert with your hands! Ole’!
Prep: 1 hour
Pan Fry @ 350°F: 2 minutes per side
- 1¼ Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ Cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- Black Food Gel
- Taco Stand: http://amzn.to/2m8B766
- Kitchen Aid Mixer: http://amzn.to/1FKv4f0
- Rubber Spatula (Mr. Pig): http://amzn.to/1QxNbYI
- Griddle: http://amzn.to/1LabbKa
- Food Processor: http://amzn.to/1M9eyFc
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Beat in the butter, milk, and the egg. Continue mixing until dough comes together into a batter.
- *To make them black, use black food dye*
- Grease up a pre-heated griddle set to 350°F. Scoop roughly a cup of the mixture, pour it onto the griddle and with a spatula, spread it out into a thin circle. Grill for 2 minutes per side.
- Place the pancake onto parchment paper and hold the taco shell up for a few seconds to set it’s shape. Gently rest it into the taco holder to let it permanently set while it cools completely.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. Makes about 10 tacos.
- Cream Filling:
- Sift the powdered sugar before using
- Place butter and shortening in a mixing bowl, and at low speed, gradually beat in the sifted sugar and vanilla extract
- Turn the mixer on high and beat for 2-3 minutes until the filling is light and fluffy.
- The Build:
- This step is completely up to you once you have created your Oreo Tacos. Start to build your cone by taking the base of one cone and filling it with the cream filling, place another taco shell on top. Inside the taco shell scoop in oreo cookie ice cream, top with chocolate sauce, whipped cream filling/whipped cream, and crushed oreo bits, top with a mini oreo, or don’t it’s up to you.