The new thing is to take a normal food and make it into something that seems cultural… like a Oreo cookie and transform it into a taco. If you are a dessert and chocolate fanatic then you are sure to devour your Oreo taco in seconds after it being built. Plus there is something fun about eating your dessert with your hands! Ole’!
Prep: 1 hour
Pan Fry @ 350°F: 2 minutes per side
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, whole
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 package Oreos
- black food gel
- Oreo ice cream
- Taco Stand: http://amzn.to/2m8B766
- Kitchen Aid Mixer: http://amzn.to/1FKv4f0
- Rubber Spatula (Mr. Pig): http://amzn.to/1QxNbYI
- Griddle: http://amzn.to/1LabbKa
- Food Processor: http://amzn.to/1M9eyFc
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Beat in the butter, milk, and egg. Continue mixing until dough comes together into a batter.
- Add black food dye to make the dough black.
- Grease a pre-heated griddle set to 350°. Scoop roughly a cup of the mixture and pour it onto the griddle. Use a spatula to spread it out into a really thin circle. Cook for 2 minutes per side.
- Place the pancake onto parchment paper and hold the ends up for a few seconds to set its shape without breaking. Then gently rest it into a taco holder to let it permanently set while it cools completely
- Repeat with the remaining batter - it will make about 10 taco shells.
- To make the cream filling, sift the powdered sugar.
- Place butter and shortening in a mixing bowl, and at low speed, gradually beat in the sifted powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add a few tablespoons of milk and beat into a cream.
- Turn the mixer on high and beat for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Build your tacos: Fill your shells with any combination of cream, Oreo ice cream, crushed Oreos, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce that you wish!