Another competition is happening between JP & Julia in the battle of the Mac N Cheese Pizza! JP went the traditional slice route and Julia showcases a fun and easy cooking hack. It’s up to you who wins!?
2250 VS 800 Calories
DEEP FRIED MAC N' CHEESE PIZZA
Just another day where JP makes weird stuff while Julia doesn't approve... This time JP was challenged to create the entire pizza crust out of mac n' cheese. Was it successful? How about you give it a try at home and let us know!
Author: JP Lambiase
- 1 Container Elbow Mac and Cheese(Prepared Hormel)
- Splash Milk
- All Purpose Flour
- Italian Bread Crumbs
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Take Mac N Cheese and shape into a triangle on a peice of parchment paper and freeze.
- Once frozen, about an hour, take out and cut into the shape of your pizza slice leaving the rounded edge for your "crust". Place back in the freezer.
- Set up your breading station with a bowl of flour, a bowl with 2 eggs and a splash of milk, and a bowl with the Italian bread crumbs. Bread Flour, Egg, then Italian Bread Crumbs.
- In a 350 degree preheated deep fryer, deep fry for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- After deep fried, place it on a prepared baking sheer/wrack and top with marinara and mozzarella. Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes, take out add your pepperonis and broil for 1-2 minutes.
- And it's done! The glorious mac n cheese pizza slice!
Hellthy Nutritional Information
Serving size: 1 Calories: 2250 Fat: 85 Saturated fat: 32 Unsaturated fat: 9 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 265 Sugar: 30 Sodium: 7000 Fiber: 15 Protein: 110 Cholesterol: 350
MAC N CHEESE PIZZA MUG
Julia is a simple girl. A healthy girl. A slightly odd girl. Which is why this recipe is great for people like Julia. Minus the healthy and simple part... she's cray. Make this recipe and you'll be happy.
Author: Julia Goolia
- ⅔ cup (28g/1oz) pasta
- 1½ cup (175ml/6fl oz) Water, cold
- 8 Tbsp Milk
- ½ tsp cornstarch (aka cornflour)
- 6 Tbsp Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2 oz Velveeta Cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp marinara sauce
- 1 generous Tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 Mini Pepperonis
- In a large microwavable mug or large bowl add in the macaroni and the water. You need a large mug as the water will boil up.
- Microwave for roughly 3 ½ minutes. You want the pasta to be fully cooked. (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing may vary)
- Pour off the remaining water.
- Stir in the milk, cornstarch, cheeses and microwave for a final 60 seconds to create your sauce. Stir well, season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
- Cooking times will vary greatly depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug.
- Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t over flow or over cook.
- Pour on a ¼ Cup of Marinara Sauce and top generously with mozzarella cheese
- Top with mini pepperonis and broil for 3 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and bubbly.
Hellthy Nutritional Information
Calories: 800 Fat: 45 Saturated fat: 20 Unsaturated fat: 5 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 80 Sugar: 18 Sodium: 900 Fiber: 5 Protein: 65 Cholesterol: 50