JP’s favorite candy of all time is the iconic Kit Kat bar. We’re here to show you exactly how fun it is breaking off a piece of that Kit Kat bar when it is oversized.
GIANT KIT KAT BAR
JP's favorite candy of all time is the iconic Kit Kat bar. So we did some do-diligence, searching to see if anyone made an authentic copycat of an oversized Kit Kat bar, and all we found were fun filled Kit Kat cakes and caramel layered giant candy bars. Don't you fret no longer, we're here to show you exactly how fun it is breaking off a piece of that Kit Kat bar really is when it is oversized.
- 6 Large Bags Nestle Chocolate
- 6 Large Wafers
Wafer Cookie Recipe
- 6 Cup All Purpose Flour, Sifted
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 3 Stick Butter, melted
- 12 Egg Yolks
- 8 tbsp Vanilla Extract
Things You'll Need:
- Make your wafer cookies and cool entirely before building by lining 4 Baking sheets with parchment paper and put in the fridge. Each tray will hold the cut out length of 1 layer.
- Using a stand mixer, combine sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Then add in melted butter and whisk until smooth. Add your egg yolks, one egg yolk at a time.
- Last add your sifted flour and mix until there are no dry parts of the dough.
- Cut your batter into 6 even portions and evenly spread into long layers on your prepared baking sheets. Keep the width of the cookie about the same width of your mold.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes. Once the edges of your cookies are golden take them out of the oven to cool. Cool on baking sheets for 30 minutes and then remove to cooling racks to cool completely. Once cooled, cut the cookie into the width of the mold, keep in mind that the bottom layer is not as wide as the middle which is not as wide as the bottom layer.
- Using a X-Acto knife, the print out of the Kit Kat logo, and a manilla folder cut the logo letters into the manilla folder.
- In your large loaf pan use a small amount of chocolate to place and attach the Kit Kat letters, mirrored from the regular way you read it. (This can be tricky.)
- Temper your chocolate by melting and stirring until the chocolate becomes room temperature before pouring into the loaf pans.
- Pour 1 bag of melted Nestle chocolates into the bottom of each mold. Then place your first wafer cookie. Follow by adding the next ½ bag of melted chocolate into each mold, and repeat until 3 wafer cookies have been stacked with chocolate in between. Top off with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for one hour before removing from the loaf pan
- Place the 2 Kit Kats into a baking pan on top of parchment paper. Melt 1 more bag of chocolate and pour in between the two candy bars. Let set.
- And you're done! Break yourself off a giant piece of that Kit Kat bar and then slice down into personal portion sizes to share with your friends and family.
Hellthy Nutritional Information
Serving size: 2 Calories: 13,600 Fat: 752 Saturated fat: 470 Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 1,692 Sugar: 1,500 Sodium: 940 Fiber: 0 Protein: 188 Cholesterol: 940