This sandwich is the reason why I get frisky for Mickey D’s. Don’t ask us how we pulled this off. Just watch the video. Ronald, please tell me I’m worthy. I’ve loved you since the day I started to hate clowns.
5500 VS 6300 Calories
GIANT EGG McMUFFIN
This sandwich is the reason why I get frisky for Mickey D's. Don't ask us how we pulled this off. Just watch the video. Please... Ronald, please tell me I'm worthy. I've loved you since the day I started to hate clowns.
- Giant English Muffin
- 1 Stick of Butter (melted)
- 12 Eggs
- 8 American Cheese Slices
- 1 Ham Steak (OR 1 lb Breakfast Sausage OR BOTH)
- Spray Oil
- 4-5 Cups Bread Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Warm Water (110°F)
- ¼ Cup Shortening
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- Corn Meal
- Separate yolks and whites of a dozen eggs. Place 3" Mold inside the 8" mold on a prepared baking sheet. Pour the yolks in the 3" mold and the whites in the 8" mold.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until the whites and yolk are fully cooked. Once you notice the egg turning opaque carefully pull out the interior mold and continue cooking until the whites are all opaque and the yolk is yellow.
- Pan sear Ham Steak until golden brown OR form ground sausage into a large patty and pan sear until cooked through.
- Once all your ingredients are prepared build the thing! Bottom bun, Kraft Single slices, Egg, Ham, top bun. Optional sausage replacing the ham.
- Plan ahead and make the English Muffin a day before and this breakfast will be the greatest thing you ever ate... especially if you like McDonalds breakfast because this tastes just like it!
- First make your giant english muffin by activating your yeast. Whisk the yeast into a mixing bowl with 1 cup of warm water. Once the bowl looks creamy it's activated, about 10 minutes.
- Warm 1 cup milk in a sauce pan with your sugar until it's dissolved to roughkly 185°F.
- In a stand mixer, combine, your shortening, milk mixture, yeast, and 3 cups of flour. Mix low and slow until smooth. Add in bout 1 more cup of flour and the salt until it lifts off the bottom of the bowl. Knead on floured surface, and shape into a ball. Place in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (about an hour).
- After it's first rise, roll out the dough about 2 inches thick, and cut it into it circle shape with your circle mold (cookie cutter). DO NOT REMOVE CIRCLE MOLD. Place on a baking mat in the circle mold, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Heat a saute pan or griddle to med high heat. Add in oil then some corn meal and cook your muffin until golden brown on each side.
- Bake at 400°F for roughly 20 minutes until the internal temperature is at 205°F. Let it rest before cutting into.
- Use a fork around the exterior of the muffin then a serrated knife to cut in half. Place the top and bottom, bottom side down, on a prepared baking sheet and spread on melted butter. Broil muffin in oven until golden brown.
Hellthy Nutritional Information
Serving size: 1 Calories: 5500 Fat: 270 Saturated fat: 125 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 410 Sugar: 55 Sodium: 8600 Fiber: 0 Protein: 310 Cholesterol: 5000