Watch this recipe to find out the secret behind Arby’s Curly Fries and then drop everything you’re doing, make them and eat like the supreme being you are, because you deserve it.
250 Calories Per Serving
Makes 4 Servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Deep Fry 2 @ 350°F: 4 minutes
- 4 Medium Russet Potatoes
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ Cup Flour
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- Spiral Fry Cutter: http://amzn.to/1Lkw8TB
- Big Mixing Bowl
- Oil for Frying
- Deep Fryer preferred or a Deep Pan with Oil
- Ice Cubes
- Potato Peeler (optional)
- Clean your potatoes because when you buy them they could be funky.
- Peel them if you want. I did not because not only am I lazy, but I like skin.
- Slice off the ends of the potato to create a flat surface. This makes it easier to put onto your spiral cutter. Make sure the correct blade is used before slicing. Refer to video for better instructions.
- Spiral cut at least 4 potatoes, which should be a good amount based on the seasoning you will be creating.
- Soak these in ice water to rinse off excess starch, dry them out completely and deep fry for 4 minutes at 350°F.
- If you want your fries to be extra crispy, freeze them completely. Might take overnight.
- For the seasoning get a big mixing bowl with the listed flour & dry spices along with 1 cup of water. Mix thoroughly.
- Toss your fries into this mixture in batches. Enough for the fryer to handle. Do not over crowd this or else you will get not so good results. Like clumps of fries and batter and not an even fry.
- Deep fry in batches for another 4 minutes at 350°F. Let them cool on a wire rack.
- It is not necessary to season them again with salt. These will be very salty and delicious with a bit of heat. If you close your eyes, you will think you are consuming Arby's curly fries. This is actually a much cheaper way to consume mass amounts of fries as a substitute to driving there. Providing you have all the seasonings on hand and a spiral cutter it's a good investment if you want to eat these often. Enjoy!
Total Fat 35g
Total Carbs 74g
Dietary Fiber 8g