This is the first time we’ve ever broken down a recipe video in the “test” kitchen and since we got ahold of the sauce it made it much easier for us to really get a spot on replica. Funny thing is, most people think this concoction is absurd based on the main ingredient Mountain Dew, but you won’t really know until you try it.
60 Calories Per Tbsp
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Deep Fry Wings @ 350°F: 10 minutes
- 3 Cups Mountain Dew
- ¼ Cup Corn Syrup
- ¼ Cup White Distilled Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ Tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1 Tsp Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Honey Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Deep Fryer: http://amzn.to/1MRHIG5
- For the sauce begin by reducing 3 Cups of Mountain Dew by half. This should take approximately 10 minutes at a boil.
- Add in all of your other ingredients minus the Corn Starch and Water.
- Separately mix 2 Tbsp Corn Starch with 2 Tbsp Water until dissolved and then add to the rest of the ingredients. This is to prevent clumps that the corn starch could form when in contact with a hot mixture.
- Bring this mixture down to a simmer and serve hot with wings.
- I'm interested in knowing what you think about this recipe. I personally thought it was a unique creative use of Mountain Dew paired with chicken wings.