You don’t have to drive across two states and turn into an interracial couple to eat White Castle. Just make it at home with this easy to follow step by step video and in no time you will be consuming mostly carbs for the evening.
Makes 12 Sliders
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 12 Dinner Rolls
- 1 lb 80/20 Ground Beef
- Dehydrated Minced Onions
- American / Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Dill Pickle Chips
- Roll out your beef between two sheets of parchment paper (or wax paper) till it's really thin, like about to break thin...
- Cut into 2.5" squares and puncture 5 holes in the center like you would see on a domino. This allows moisture to vent through the beef to steam it faster and cook more evenly.
- Freeze this sheet of burgers and use whenever you have a craving for white castle
- Drench your dehydrated minced onions in hot water and once fully hydrated pour them on a griddle or a frying pan on medium heat with excess water to keep them from burning
- While the onions are steaming, place the burger sliders on top of the onions to steam
- When the burgers start to brown through on top, place the bottom of the slider bun on top of the burger to steam as well
- Then create an actual castle by placing the top bun on top of the bottom bun
- Are you confused? Watch the video please.
- After the burgers are completely cooked you can lower the heat to a simmer and just eat these when you want to
- A standard slider is dressed with grilled onions and 1 dill pickle chip with ketchup, but feel free to dress yours how you please