If you haven’t had a Totino’s Pizza Roll you’re missing out on some really cheap okay pizza flavored snacks. I can’t tell you how many drunk college nights I would microwave, not bake… microwave 2 dozen of these and eat them until I fell asleep. Sounds depressing, but on the contrary, I’ve never been happier. The doughy exterior always seemed a bit off from traditional dough, which is why we’re going to make these with Wonton’s. Enjoy our take on Totino’s Pizza Rolls.
140 Calories Per 6
Makes 50 Rolls
Prep: 10 minutes
Fry @ 350°F: 1.5 minutes per side
- Package of 3" Wonton Wrappers
- 3 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Cup Diced Pepperoni
- ½ Cup Ground Sausage
- ½ Cup Diced Bacon
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- Oil for Frying
- Deep Fryer: http://amzn.to/1MRHIG5
- Brown up ¼ lb of Ground Sausage in a frying pan and then put into a bowl for later use. This should amount to about ½ Cup.
- Cook down roughly 8 strips of bacon and finely dice. This should amount to about ½ Cup.
- Slice up ½ of the pepperoni stick into little tiny cubes and put it in a bowl for later use. This should amount to about ½ Cup.
- In a small pot, mix the tomato sauce ingredients together and until well combined.
- In a medium sized bowl mix in the sausage, bacon, pepperoni & tomato sauce and let cool.
- After the mixture has cooled down, mix in 3 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese & ¼ Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese. You are done with your filling.
- Spoon on 1 tsp of your filling in the center of the wonton wrapper and fold both sides to overlap and fold the top and bottom inward to close all sides.
- Deep fry in batches of 6 for 1.5 minutes a side. I say per side, b/c these will float in the oil. If you don't have a deep fryer, you could easily get away with a sauce pan.
- Serve with some extra Pizza Sauce on the side and just remember to be careful before biting in, b/c you could destroy your mouth.
Total Fat 9g
Total Carbs 26g
Dietary Fiber 1g