We put a poll on our Youtube Community, Facebook Page, and Twitter to see which candy you’d like us to supersize next and Starbursts are YOUR top pick. So we got right into it. First we were set to make the candy from scratch and then when we realized making giant starbursts like that may be tough to eat. We decided to stack the delicious candy in our handmade Starburst wrappers to place in a giant wrapper. Turns out there are 12 Starbursts per pack with 4 of each color including Pink, Red, Orange, and Yellow. This is more of an art and crafts project than a recipe, but it is totally doable, and the best thing to give to any kid or adult on Halloween.
14,400 Calories per Slice
- Buy a lot of Starbursts
- 2½ cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⅓ cups water
- 2 tbsp butter (plus more for greasing pan and hands)
- 2 packages of unsweetened Kool-Aid drink mix
- If you are going to make the candy yourself start with that. IF not skip to step 4. Start by combining sugar, cornstarch, light corn syrup, and water in a bowl on medium heat. Bring the candy to 140F.
- Once the sugar mixture is to temperature stir in butter and kool aid mix until dissolved. Pour mixture on a silicone mat or baking sheet lined with parchment paper to cool.
- Once cooled knead candy, to aerate, and give more of a cloudy color. Place in square mold to set in full before wrapping in your Starburst boxes.
- In most cases we'd say doing things from scratch is best but in this case using the candy itself in this recipe may be the most efficient as well as the most rewarding at the end. For full instructions on how to make the boxes and to retrieve the labels we created head to the Youtube video. Link below.