6 Southwest Egg Rolls
331 Calories Per Serving
Total Fat 7.6g
Total Carbs 48.2g
Dietary Fiber 4.5g
6 Southwest Egg Rolls
770 Calories Per Serving
Total Fat 40g
Potassium - mg
Total Carbs 81g
Dietary Fiber 7g
- Make awesome sauce by combining ingredients listed above for Awesome Sauce. It is really awesome.
- Chop up enough Red Green Peppers to amount to 1/4 Cup each.
- Finely chop 1 Jalapeño Pepper. Should amount to roughly 1/4 Cup. More or less depending on your desire for spice and heat.
- Chop up half a large (white or sweet) onion, should be enough to amount to a 1/2 Cup.
- Mince 1 Tsp of garlic, or use garlic powder / garlic paste. Not necessary, but I always cook with garlic so whatever.
- Grill and chop up one large chicken breast. Should amount to at least 1 Cup.
- Cook down your peppers & onions first with some Olive Oil in the pan first until soft & translucent. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Once your vegetables are cooked down, we can now throw in our chicken, corn, black beans & chopped tomatoes.
- Add your seasonings and stir thoroughly to incorporate all the spices.
- Bring to a boil then remove from heat, add in your cheese and stir until completely blended.
- Now that our mixture is complete we simply fill our wontons with the mixture. I use about 1-2 Tbsp per wrapper.
- I also added in 1 Tsp of Guacamole, because I love guacamole and I feel like it needs it. You don't have to do anything I'm doing here, this is just something I'm sharing. These types of meals I feel like you can put whatever spin you like on to it, but if you have no clue what you are doing, then I suggest going to Taco Bell or Chili's for dinner.
- The mixture I made with the quantities specified should be able to make you 12 full egg rolls. The servings say 6, which is basically 3 full egg rolls. Once you cut them in half they now become two pieces. Plus I'm comparing with Chili's Nutrition Facts and they give you 3 full egg rolls, but make it look like 6 because they cut them in half.
- Once all of your egg rolls have been wrapped, for best results, freeze them for at least four hours.
- Deep fry at 365°F for 5 minutes or until golden brown. You can use Olive Oil, but I recommend Vegetable Oil.
- Let your egg rolls drain on a wire rack and once they have cooled down a bit cut them at an angle and they will look nicer.
- Plate with lettuce and dipping sauce. Enjoy
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.