In preparation to make an Oversized Happy Meal, we’re excited to take on oversizing the Small Fries to go inside. This by no means is “small” but the fries and box are made proportional to the classic fast food treat. This is a super fun recipe and fun to get crafty making our very own unofficial carton for your extra long fries.
- 8 Medium Potatoes
- 3 Tbsp Corn Syrup
- ½ Cup Masa Flour
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, For Deep Frying
- Start by pealing and cubing the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water 1 inch above the potatoes. Stir in corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender.
- Place potatoes in a food processor and blitz. Add masa flour and salt.
- Take a small sheet pan and place parchment paper on top. Pour the potato mixture on top. Using a rubber spatula spread it out flat. Place another piece parchment on top and roll our solid with a rolling pin. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Place the frozen potato block on a cutting board and cut into long fries. Place back in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Deep fry the fries 2 or 3 at a time until lightly golden brown, 3 minutes. Set the fries aside.
- When ready to serve deep fry them one more time for 3-5 minutes until the color and crisp.