Buffalo Wild Wings is at it again with their limited time sauces and this time they brought their spice game with the Scorpion Rum sauce. This recipe gets it’s heat from scorpion peppers, habaneros, and chipotle peppers and its sweetness from Myers Rum. Not for the faint of heart, but it packs a lot of flavor so enjoy at your own risk.
- 1 Scorpion Pepper: http://amzn.to/2wiyymM
- 4-6 Habanero Peppers
- 3 Chipotle Peppers
- 1 Cup Myers's Dark Rum
- 1 Cup Brown Corn Syrup
- 1 Tbsp White Distilled Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Corn Starch : ¼ Cup Myer's Dark Rum
- Food Processor: http://amzn.to/1M9eyFc
- Remove seeds and stems from all the peppers unless you want it spicier
- Mix ¼ Cup Corn Starch & ¼ Cup Myer's Dark Rum in a separate bowl to act as a slurry to thicken your sauce. Set aside.
- Blend all the ingredients except for the slurry and then transfer to a pot on medium high heat
- Add the slurry a little bit at a time until you get the consistency you desire
- Add more sugar to tame the heat
- Add more peppers to make it spicier