Taco Bell's NEW Quesarito
So if it's the year 2014, then this is NEW. If you are late to the game, ignore the NEW part. I love restaurants that combine names of food into one thing. It's so catchy. Must have gotten it from Pokemon or something. I recreated the "chicken" version. I dunno why they are in quotes. It is "real" chicken. I dunno why real is in quotes either... just go with it.
Prep: 5 min Cook: 20 min
- So the rice probably takes the longest, so lets start by finely chopping up some fresh cilantro. I bought organic because I'm better than you.
- Once you have chopped up enough for about 2 Tsp, lets grab a medium pan with a lid and toss in our 1 Cup Rice, 1 Clove Garlic, 2 Tsp Cilantro, 1-1/2 Cups Water, 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock and some salt & pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbsp Butter and remove from heat. This will allow the rice to stay moist and tasty.
- For the chicken, I basically cut 3 Breasts in half (filet style), drizzled on some olive oil, salt & pepper and browned them for about 2 minutes per side on medium high heat. (Do not over cook, they will be cooking again in the fajita sauce)
- Once you have browned all your chicken, slice them into thin strips. Some may not be cooked all the way through which is fine. Toss the strips back into the pan and add in your fajita seasoning and 1/3 Cup water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- For the Quesadilla, we will take one wrap and place it on a griddle and add 1/4 Cup Mexican Cheese Blend. Grill until the cheese has been fully melted. At this point the one side of the Quesadilla will have a slight grill to it, but nothing major. We will now take the other tortilla wrap and place it on top of the cheese. The tortilla that is not grilled will be the outside of our burrito.
- So flip the Quesadilla over so that you are adding to toppings to the grilled side.
- Add 1 Tsp of Non-Fat Greek Yogurt, 1 Tsp of Chipotle Sauce and layer on about 3 oz of grilled chicken strips then about 1/4 Cup of Rice.
- Fold and spray down the tortilla and grill for 2 minutes a side until all sides are nicely brown. Grill temperature is ideal at 300°F.
- Cut in half and eat!
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.