So about 6 months ago we got wind of this Quesalupa thing brewing up in the test kitchen at Taco Bell so we attempted to make our own version at home. We did what most people would practically do, which is make a quesadilla, deep fry it and fold it into a taco. But when we tried the real thing we noticed that the shell was sealed around the edges making me think, what? How? Well, we’re going to show you…
330 Calories Per Shell
Prep: 5 minutes
1st Pan Fry: 1 minute per side
2nd Pan Fry: 1-2 minutes per side
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Gordita Shells
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Frying Pan
- Get a pan with oil on medium high heat. Roughly 350°F.
- Toss in your gordita and flip it every 30 seconds or so until it starts to puff upSlice into the side of your gordita where the hole is to open up a pocket
- Now that you have a decent sized hole, place slices of pepper jack cheese into said hole.
- Re-fry these for a few minutes per side or until you get the color that you like
- Then just build your taco however you desire