Pretzel Bun Ingredients
515 Calories per Sandwich
Step 1: Make Dough
- Combine 1 Cup Warm Water, 1 Tbsp Yeast, 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar & 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil into a big mixing bowl
- Slowly add in Bread Flour until the consistency of the dough is not sticky. If you do not have a mixer, then I'm sorry.
- Once the dough has been mixed throughly, now it's time to kneed the dough, but simply folding it over and pressing your knuckles into the dough, repeating this step several times.
- Grease up the bowl and cover your dough and let it rise until it's double in size. This takes a few hours, unless it's in a really warm area and it will speed up the process.
Step 2: Transform Your Dough
- Heat up and simmer the 5 Cups of Water & 3 Tbsp Baking Soda. This is called a leavening agent, which will lighten and soften the rolls.
- Place the rolls into this mixture while simmer for 1 minute per side, then drain and set aside on a greased baking pan
- Brush the dough with your Egg White and lightly sprinkle the Kosher Salt on top.
- Using a fine knife blade, slice your pattern into the top of the bun about a 1/4" down. This will create that nice fancy bread thing you see.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and bake in a greased up glass dish for 22 minutes.
Step 3: Flame Broil Burger
- Set your oven to Broil, and place in a grill pan with grill marks on it. Allow that pan to heat up with the oven.
- Once you oven is ready, simply place your raw burger onto the grill pan for 2 minutes, and flip for an additional 2 minutes.
- For medium rare, only grill for 1 minute per side depending on the thickness of your burger patty.
Step 4: Build
Variations on this recipe are allowed but not recommended.
I always say a video says everything. If you have trouble following this recipe, please watch the link below for a very detailed description! Enjoy :)