Optional Mashed Potato Ingredients
380 Calories per Sandwich
Step 1: Prepare Potatoes
- Wash & Stab Potatoes with a fork
- Microwave your potatoes.
- 4 Medium Potatoes: 10-12 minutes on High
- 4 Large Potatoes: 18-20 minutes on High
- While the Potatoes are in the microwave, preheat your oven to 475°F
- Cut a sliver of the top and bottom side of the potatoes to create your bun
- Place onto a baking pan, season with some salt & pepper, brush them down with Olive Oil and bake for 20 minutes or until they are golden and crispy
Step 2: Shape Your Meat & Prep Your Ingredients
- When pressing your own burger patty, shape it so that it fits the profile of your potato bun. Remember that your burger will shrink up while it's cooking and to maintain consistent thickness throughout.
- During this time you can be cooking your Turkey Bacon, Chopping up chives, and mashing up
Step 3: Mashed Potatoes
- Take the remaining inside of the potatoes (skins on if you'd like) and they should be soft enough to start mashing in a pot.
- As you mash your potatoes, add ingredients like Skim Milk, Greek Yogurt, Cream Cheese, Garlic, etc. until they reach the taste you desire.
Step 4: Build
Variations on this recipe are allowed but not recommended.
I always say a video says everything. If you have trouble following this recipe, please watch the link below for a very detailed description! Enjoy :)