I was helping Julia make an inside out grilled cheese where you get that cheddar nice and crisp on the outside as you lightly grill it until it turns into a cheese crisp and then it occurred to me that the cheese crisp acts as a protective layer between the bread and anything else you put on top… such as pizza toppings. So we went a step further and added sauce more cheese & pepperoni broiled on top. The combination is life changing, I highly suggest you try it.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 6 minutes
Broil: 1 minute
- White Bread (any bread will do)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (any cheese will do)
- Butter (any butter will do)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Pizza Sauce
- Pepperoni (any toppings will do)
- Griddle: http://amzn.to/1LabbKa
- When grilling your bread, I like to melt about 1 tsp of butter first and then lay down my bread on top letting it soak in that way. Do this to both sides of your bread and add a liberal amount of shredded cheddar cheese on top. Or sliced cheese doesn't matter.
- Everyone's different about the length of time for a grilled cheese to get that grill that person wants, so do what is necessary to make yourself happy.
- Once one side is grilled to the way you like sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and press firmly into the bread so it melts a little bit and then flip that side down onto the grill for approximately 30 seconds on medium high heat.
- Now flip it back the other way, turn the griddle off and proceed to add your toppings starting with the sauce, mozzarella cheese & pepperoni.
- Place onto a baking sheet and broil the top for about a minute or until the cheese looks nice a bubbly.
- Cut this guy in half and enjoy an amazing combination of pizza & grilled cheese. It's like being a kid again until you finish it and then it's like being a sick adult.