PINK Hamburger Buns
We like to goof around on HellthyJunkFood, but we're very seriously about showing our support by creating an ALL PINK SANDWICH featuring PINK oven Mitts you can purchase, which goes towards supporting Breast Cancer Awareness. We hope you make some perrty pink buns at home too and enjoy a sandwich for a good cause.
THINK PINK Bun
226 Calories Per Bun
Makes 8 Buns
Prep: 25 minutes
1st Rise: 2 Hours
2nd Rise: 1 Hour
Bake @ 375°F: 15-20 minutes
PINK Bun Ingredients:
Serving Size 1 Sandwich
Total Fat 5g
Total Carbs 37g
Dietary Fiber 1.5g
- To make our pink buns, first start by mixing in a big bowl your active dry yeast packet (1 Tbsp), 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour & 1 Cup of Hot Water. Roughly 105°F.
- Whisk and wait 15 minutes or until the mixture turns thick and foamy.
- Add in 1 Egg, 3 Tbsp Melted Butter, 2 Tbsp Sugar and 1 Tsp Salt.
- To make them PINK, add in 4 Tbsp beet juice.
- Mix together completely before adding in 2-1/2 Cups of Flour, Mix on low speed and slowly add in more flour as necessary until you get a sticky, but not sticky, but not dry consistency, but not stick.
- Once well combined take your dough out of the mixer and put into a clean bowl with some oil. Cover with tin foil and let rise for 2 hours or until it doubles in size.
- Take your dough out and flatten into a rectangular shape, cut your dough into 8 buns, tuck the sides underneath into a ball, lay them on a backing sheet, and cover with plastic wrap. Let these buns rise for 1 hour and if you have a metal ring placed around the dough it'll make the perfect shape for your hamburger bun as it rises. You can even go as far as bake it in the rings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 375°F.
- Take your horseradish sauce and some red food dye and mix to make your horseradish sauce pink (You can use beet juice for this too).
- Mix your coleslaw mix with 1 Tbsp of pink horseradish sauce to give it some flavor and color.
- Time to build your Pink Bun Sandwich. Start with the PINK bottom bun, PINK Coleslaw, Red Cabbage, Rare Roast Beef, and the top bun with PINK horseradish sauce.
If you're not a fan of Horseradish, then try ranch, or mayonnaise. Mix ketchup and mayonnaise to get a pinkish color, etc.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.