Pillsbury is cray cray with this idea. Totally executable by any home cook, so I would suggest trying this out once a year on a special someone that would rather have this than your traditional cake. I would also recommend doing an absurd rendition for a wedding cake.
430 Calories Per Slice
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 – 25 min
- 2 Tubes Pillsbury Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- 1 Tube Pillsbury Original crust Pizza Dough
- 8 oz Can Tomato Paste / ½ Water
- 3 Cups Mozzarella Cheese or more if you have a death wish
- 1 Packet of Hormel Turkey Pepperoni <-- to offset the cheese
- 6" Pie Pan, 4" in height
- So we're doing this a little different than Pillsbury, just b/c their version didn't work out that well. For the layers, we're going to be using 2 thin crust pizza dough's from Pillsbury.
- Roll Them out onto greased aluminum foil sheets and bake at 400°F for 5 minutes each.
- Using your 6" diameter 4" high pie pan, cut 6" diameter circles out of the 2 dough sheets. This should make 4 circles and a ton of excess dough that you can feed to the homeless or pets. Or homeless pets.
- Using your cake pan, line it with parchment paper not wax. Wax will melt in the oven.
- Now with your classic pizza crust dough from Pillsbury, roll that out onto a non-stick surface and cut that in half the long way and wrap that around your cake pan leaving ½" on the bottom inside of the pan and a ½" draped over the edges of the pan.
- Add in your first pre-baked dough circle as your base.
- For your tomato sauce, just use 1 can of Tomato Paste and ½ can of water from the same jar. Add in whatever seasonings you'd like, but the reason you want only ½ can of water is so that it can remain pasty and keep the pizza cake structurally sound.
- Spread on a layer of tomato paste, a generous amount of mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Now add your 2nd pre-baked dough circle and spread on tomato paste, cheese and pepperoni
- Add your 3rd layer, and toppings and your 4th layer and toppings.
- Fold the edges of the dough over and create a crust.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes and you're done!