Naked Crispy Chicken Taco Shell
Not sure why Taco Bell went with the word "naked" other than the fact that there's chicken in place of a shell... Either way it's making meal time uncomfortable for me. It was only a matter of time that Taco Bell joined the I'm going to substitute what holds my food with chicken, which is ironic considering their slogan is think outside the bun. This recipe goes deep inside the process of created a Taco Shell out of chicken along with some surprisingly new flavors. Enjoy!
Crispy Chicken Taco Shell
450 Calories Per Taco
Prep: 15 minutes
Freeze: 1 hour
Deep Fry @ 350°F: 4-5 minutes
Serving Size 1 Taco
Total Fat 26g
Total Carbs 28g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Serving Size 1 Taco
Total Fat -g
Total Carbs -g
Dietary Fiber -g
- Grab a pound of ground chicken and mix in 1 packet of Quesadilla Seasoning.
- Take about 1/3 of that mixture and press it out on wax paper on a cutting board until it is the shape of your taco shell. Make sure the shape is similar to the one in the video.
- Create a seasoned flour mixture with 1 Cup Flour, 1 Tsp Salt, 1 Tsp Black Pepper, 1 Tsp Cayenne, 1 Tsp Chili Powder.
- Spread on flour on ground chicken mixture. Just on the one side for now. The mixture is sticky and the flour will help keep everything together.
- Now pour some egg beaters on top and then spread it out with a brush until the entire surface is coated.
- Grind up about a 1/3 of a bag of Doritos in a food processor and sprinkle it on over the egg beater until the entire surface is coated.
- Now place wax paper on top and another cutting board on top of that so you can flip this.
- Repeat flour, egg beater and Doritos on this side. Make sure you also get all the edges as well.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- For the Avocado Ranch Sauce, simply mix 1/3 Cup Ranch Dressing & 1/2 Avocado and blend.
- Prep & cut lettuce and tomatoes.
- Deep Fry your chicken taco shell for 4-5 minutes at 350°F and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Now build this with a layer of Avocado Ranch Sauce on the bottom layer, then a generous amount of lettuce topped with diced tomatoes and cheddar cheese.
You can feel free to put whatever you want in this taco. This is a copycat version of Taco Bell which has yet to be released across the states as of when this is posted.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.