For the first time, in a long time, JP had a crazy idea that was incredibly weird, breaking all of the rules, but also absolutely genius at the same time; Mozzarella Stick Crust Pizza. With several initial ideas on how to do this, we decided to experiment with a few ways.
Fried mozzarella, shaped like a pizza slice, topped with pizza sauce, more cheese, and pepperonis, is the new most glutenous but most tasty way to eat pizza. Super easy to make and super satisfying to eat. We tested this recipe out with string cheese & fresh mozzarella. Up to you which type of cheese you stuff in your crust!! Both worked out great!! No dough required. Cheese pull expected.
- ½ Bag String Cheese OR Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- ½ Cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 10 Pepperoni
- Deep Fryer: http://amzn.to/2nHDBe6
- Form your mozzarella cheese into the shape of a pizza slice. Do this by melting in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. This will make it malleable. Wrap tight in parchment paper and place in the freezer.
- Set up bread station with 3 bowls; flour, egg, and Italian bread crumbs.
- Bread with flour, egg, flour, egg, and lastly Italian bread crumbs. Freeze again.
- Preheat Deep Fryer and oven to 350°F/
- Deep fry for 2 minutes.
- Place on pan lined with tin foil. Add pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Bake at 350°F until the cheese is melted.
- Take out of the oven and cool for a few minutes. Dive in and expect lots of cheese pull!!
Stuffed crust has been taken to the next level when the entire pizza crust is stuffed with classic dive bar mozzarella sticks. If you love pizza and mozzarella sticks, and need dough in your life, this recipe is for you.
- 1 Pilsbury Pizza Crust
- ½ Pkg Mozzarella Sticks (Frozen)
- 1 Cup Marinara
- 1 Cup Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella
- 10 Pepperoni
- Bake mozzarella sticks to box directions.
- Lay out pizza dough on a flat surface and stack pre-baked mozzarella sticks into the dough. Fold the dough over, creating a pizza slice shape.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and add marinara, mozzarella, and pepperoni.
- Bake until cheese is melted.