On our way trying the “new” McDonald’s mozzarella sticks, we discovered a much better use for them and decided to go home and make our rendition of a stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut and instead of just adding plain old cheese in the crust, lets just stuff an entire mozzarella stick in there because why not?
460 Calories Per Slice
8 Slices Per Pizza
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake @ 425°F: 20-30 minutes
Broil: 2 minutes
- 14 McDonald's Mozzarella Sticks
- Pizza Dough
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Drive to McDonald's and try their new Mozzarella Sticks, then proceed to purchase at least 5 orders of these things, which comes to a total of 15 Mozzarella Sticks for 5 bucks. Or don't do any of that and buy a bag at the grocery store.
- Roll out your dough until it stretches past your pizza stone and trim excess leaving roughly an inch or 2 additional dough around the perimeter of the pizza stone. This excess will be used to fold around your mozzarella stick.
- Place your mozzarella sticks onto the crust for a 14" diameter pizza stone this will amount to approximately 14 mozzarella sticks.
- Fold the excess dough around the mozzarella sticks tucking the dough underneath.
- Add your pizza sauce, cheese and toppings and bake @ 425°F for 20-30 minutes or until the crust is fully cooked.
- Lastly hit it with the broil for 2 minutes watching it tentatively to get that nice bubbly cheesy crust.
- Enjoy the combination of Italian seasoned mozzarella sticks hidden between your pizza crust.