There’s a ton of goofy recipes out there for Moe’s Queso, but you can’t really get the recipe down unless you bring it into the test kitchen where we directly compare as we slowly concoct our replica. If you’re not familiar with Moes Queso, just envision a salty creamy texture with a slight bit of heat in an unnatural liquid form. It’s to die for.
250 Calories Per Moes Cup
Makes 5 Moes Cups
Prep: 10 minutes
Medium Low or Indirect Heat
- 6 Slices (19g) White American Cheese
- 2 Slices Pepperjack Cheese
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Jalapeno Juice from the Jar
- ⅛ Cup Diced Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 Tbsp White Distilled Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- In a medium sauce pan pour in 1 Cup Heavy Cream & 6 Slices of White American Cheese on medium low or indirect heat to prevent the cheese from burning to the bottom of the pan.
- Feel free at this point to add in the rest of the ingredients and adjust spicy & salty as necessary by adding in more or less salt and more or less jalapenos / jalapeno juice.
- HELLTHY NOTES:
- The secret to the sauce is the saltiness and the heat (spice). Based on a direct comparison, this is a very simple recipe to recreate with not a ton of components. The pepper jack almost didn't even seem to make much of a difference to me. I tasted primarily American Cheese / Velveeta in their Queso.
Total Fat 39g
Total Carbs 15g
Dietary Fiber 0g