117 Calories Per Melt
Total Fat 3.9g
Total Carbs 13.2g
Dietary Fiber 2.6g
- Lightly spray down your slices of pumpernickel bread on one side and grill on medium heat.
- I used 1 slice of thin swiss folded into 4 squares and placed 2 on one slice of bread and 2 on the other slice of bread while grilling.
- While the bread is grilling, I also grilled some baby portobello mushrooms. The recipe calls for 8 caps, because they are bigger and would fill the bread appropriately, but I only had the little guys, so I used about 3 for each sandwich. I grilled these with a little garlic olive oil for a few minutes on each side.
- I removed the bread from the grill and kept it open face while I layered with 1 slice of tomato, some arugula & alfalfa sprouts and then topped it with my mushrooms.
- Crack some salt & pepper for some extra seasoning and garlic olive oil optional
- I can envision a million different variations on this, but I do see it as a very light and tasty afternoon snack or for a party event.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.