Thanks to Mezzetta we were inspired to make a recipe with olives. So as we are a restaurant chain copycat channel we thought why not make an olive recipe from Olive Garden. We later found out that they don’t have a single entree with olives in it, so we had to choose from a salad or a flatbread and since flatbread is code for “pizza” we went that route.
375 Calories Per Flatbread
Makes 2 Flatbreads
Prep: 10 minutes
Roast Peppers: 30 minutes @ 450°F
Bake Flatbread: 10-15 minutes @ 450°F
- 1 Flax, Oat Bran Flatbread
- 2-4 Tsp Basil Pesto
- ¼ Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 3 Pitted Green Olives
- 3 Pitted Black Olives
- 1 oz Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Tsp Fresh Chopped Basil
- 1 Tbsp Grated Cheese
- Season with Salt & Pepper
- Cut up your red bell pepper into strips, coat in olive oil, season with salt & pepper and roast at 450°F for 30 minutes.
- Pit all olives if necessary. To pit green olives use the side of a knife until the pit cracks and then pull it out. For black olives, cut the tip off and pinch the pit out.
- Slice up your olives, fresh basil and artichokes.
- Prepare your flatbread with a spread of basil pesto, a layer of mozzarella cheese, roasted red peppers, black & green olives, artichoke hearts and bake for 10-15 minutes at 450°F checking periodically.
- After taking out of oven, sprinkle on some fresh chopped basil and grated cheese.
- The preparation takes some time, but the rest is quite simple.