Mango Habanero has been a big request of ours and the perfect time to launch our new segment, Food Hacks – Test Kitchen. This might be a big project, but we do plan on tackling every single Buffalo Wild Wing sauce and why not start on the high end of the heat scale… get that fun stuff out of the way.
60 Calories Per Tbsp
Makes 2 Cups
Prep: 10 minutes
Simmer: 10-15 minutes
Deep Fry Wings @ 350°F: 10 minutes
- 6-10 Habanero Peppers
- 1 Fresh Mango
- ½ Cup Corn Syrup
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup White Distilled Vinegar
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ Tsp Onion Salt
- ¼ Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Corn Starch, ¼ Cup Cold Water <-- Slurry
- Deep Fryer: http://amzn.to/1MRHIG5
- Food Processor: http://amzn.to/1M9eyFc
- In a medium sauce pan pour in 1 Cup Sugar & ½ Cup of water and dissolve the sugar by heating up to a boil, then reduce and simmer.
- As the mixture simmers add in ¾ Cup Corn Syrup.
- In a food processor, grind up the Habanero Peppers & Mango into a paste.
- Add the Habanero's, Mango & Vinegar to the mixture and let this combination reduce.
- Separately create your slurry and add to the mixture to thicken up.
- After a few minutes your mixture should start to gel and appear to look, taste and smell just like buffalo wild wings sauce.
Total Fat 0g
Total Carbs 20g
Dietary Fiber 0g