French fries are the best side dish there ever was and when we heard that they were being made longer we had to put it to the test. Even though our recipe isn’t traditional, for the lack of a better term, it turned out tasty, and longer than we’ve ever made them. We can finally justify dipping more than once and even more than twice.
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- Oil for Frying
- Ketcup for Dipping
- Deep Fryer: http://amzn.to/2nHDBe6
- Peal potatoes traditionally OR use the hack we found, to get the skins off. Do this by cutting around the the skin and boiling the potatoes until fork tender. Drain the water out and then place the potatoes back in the pot and pour cool water over them. After a few minutes grab a potato out of the water and the skin will peal right off.
- Mash your potatoes.
- Lay out on a pan lined with parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper over top and, using a rolling pin, roll out until flat. Use a sharp knife to cut out long thin fries then freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Once finished freezing, preheat your deep fryer to 350°F.
- Carefully place 3-5 long fries in the deep fryer at a time. Once golden brown and crispy pull them out and place on a wrack. Add salt while still hot and enjoy!!