Serving Size 1 Sandwich
Total Fat 27.2g
Total Carbs 70.7g
Dietary Fiber 8.5g
- Start by frying up some bacon in a pan. You will only need 2 slices for the recipe, but you might as well make more. In fact, you should just cook all the bacon you have in your house because then you can refrigerate it and leisurely eat it throughout the week when you want.
- While the bacon is frying, cut up your onions and tomatoes.
- Take your ground beef and grab about 1/2 lb, then split that into two equal halves. Now we're going to press them both until they appear to have the same size, shape and thickness. The main goal we want to achieve is to have one look like a cup and the other to look like a lid. But we did not do this. What we did worked anyway, but experimentation is fun!
- Chopped up the bacon we had previously cooked, and add about 2 slices of chopped bacon and 1/8 cup of crumbled gorgonzola cheese on top of one of the burgers. If you made it into a cup with ridges, that would be the one you will fill.
- Now put the second burger patty on top and seal it well with the bottom burger patty.
- Now that our pan is full of bacon grease, lets fry up the onions we had just cut making sure that they are a full onion slice with the smaller rings on the inside. These should cook for about 5-7 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Cook your stuffed burger at about 325°F for roughly 3 minutes per side depending on how raw you like your burger. 3 Minutes should give your burger a nice medium rare. With the griddle I own has a lid that helps cook the sides of the burger since it's so thick. I would highly recommend getting some type of dome or lid when cooking this burger.
- As you can see I am also grilling my Ciabatta Bun as well. These have some curvature to them, I really need to invest in a cooking weight thingy.
- To assemble our burger the official Juicy Julia way, we will go with bottom bun, BBQ Sauce, Burger, Lettuce, Fried Onions, Tomatoes, French Fried Onions, BBQ Sauce Top Bun.
- Flatten with your hand and cut in half in order to be able to consume food properly.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.