I’m not big on sweets, but I am big on meats… so to stay festive for my halloween I’m going to eat meatballs. These are wrapped in a tasty Pillsbury dough crust died orange for that pumpkin effect.
500 Calories Per Serving
Prep: 10 min Cook: 20 min
Jack O Lantern Meatballs
I'm not big on sweets, but I am big on meats... so to stay festive for my halloween I'm going to eat meatballs. These are wrapped in a tasty Pillsbury dough crust died orange for that pumpkin effect.
Author: Hellthy Junk
- Meatball Ingredients:
- 1 Lb Lean Ground Beef
- ½ Lb Italian Susage
- ½ Cup Breadcrumbs
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Large Onion
- ¼ Cup Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Pillsbury Thin Crust Dough
- Pretzel Sticks
- Parsley Leafs
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Red Food Coloring
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients into a bowl and then roll them into meatball shapes. For the big ones, roll them into 3" diameter size.
- Sear these on high heat for 1 minute a side or until all sides are browned.
- Pre-bake for 5 minutes at 375°F
- Roll out dough and brush on food coloring. To make orange, just mix red and yellow food coloring die and add just a tiny bit of water. Mix and brush onto dough.
- Cut dough into squares that can wrap around the meatballs.
- Wrap around all the meatballs and bake again for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out of oven and stab a pretzel stick into the heads of the pumpkins and add a parsley leaf for color.
- Carve out your pumpkins however you choose.
Hellthy Nutritional Information
Calories: 500 Fat: 25g Saturated fat: 3g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugar: 10g Sodium: 430mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 50g Cholesterol: 150mh