387 Calories per Hooburrito
Step 1: Slow Cook Chicken
- Take a fatty chicken breast and cut into halves so they are half as thick. This will speed up the slow cooking time.
- Pour in 1 Cup Chicken Broth or 1 Cup Water & 1 Bouillon Cube into a pan. Add in your chicken, don't crowd the pan, about 4 breast halves should do the trick.
- Bring to a boil and then let it simmer covered for 10 minutes. Flip once within this time, preferably 5 minutes into it.
- Now bring the pot to a low temperature and let it sit for 30 minutes or until chicken pulls apart easily.
- Once the chicken is pulling apart nicely, toss it into a medium sized bowl and add in BBQ sauce of your choice until it mixes well.
Step 2: Make Onion Straws
- Cut and peel the White Onion and slice 1/8" thick. Use a Mandolin Slicer to get consistent cuts and thickness.
- Soak the Onions in Buttermilk in a shallow pan for 1 hour to marinade.
- Prepare flour mixture by adding about 1-1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour, 2 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper, 1/2 Tsp of Salt & 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- Once your onions have been soaking for an hour, using tongs, grab a few rings at a time and cover them in your flour mixture liberally and immediately submerge into your deep fryer, or pan with oil. (You want your pan to be on medium heat and the oil temperature to be at about 365°F)
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes or until they reach the golden brown consistency you desire.
Step 3: Cheese Sauce
- Into a Vitamix blender, add in a 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour, 1/4 Cup Butter, 1-1/3 Cup Skim Milk
- Close the lid and turn on with low power
- Switch to high power and let it blend for 5-6 minutes or until steam begins to escape the blender
- At this point begin adding your cheese blocks and blend for an additional 1 minute
Step 4: Build & Grill
Variations on this recipe are allowed but not recommended.
I always say a video says everything. If you have trouble following this recipe, please watch the link below for a very detailed description! Enjoy :)