We don’t take on challenges that often, mainly because we epically fail at them, but when Alex Swantek submitted his request to do this, we had no choice but to prove to the world that we can make a popper that much hotter. This recipe is not recommended for children OR adults that do not like spicy foods.
60 Calories Per Popper
Makes About 24 Habanero Poppers
Prep: 10 minutes
Fry @ 350°F: 1.5 – 3 minutes
- 1 package of Fresh Habanero Peppers
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- Ranch or Raspberry Sauce for Dipping optional
- Oil for Frying
- Deep Fryer: http://amzn.to/1MRHIG5
- Piping bag or plastic bag
- Paring knife
- Mixing Bowl
- Stem and seed your habanero peppers. Where gloves or wash your hands directly after working with the habanero peppers to avoid burning sensations of the face if touched.
- Mix your package of cream cheese with your ½ cup of cheddar cheese, melt in the microwave to help soften, and fill into your piping bag.
- Pipe your cream cheese cheddar mixture into each pepper.
- Dip each popper into the egg and then the Italian bread crumbs, and repeat for a thicker coating.
- Fry your poppers at 350°F for 1.5 - 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce OR eat these without any sauce and burn your face off.