Burger King has got me in the spirit of the holiday, so we’re going to be recreating their Halloween Whopper making our very own black sesame seed buns. If you’re “daring” enough, try and make this too and give it to a friend to eat that you aren’t really that close with and want to slightly punish.
970 Calories Per Burger
Makes 8 Hamburger Buns
Prep: 25 minutes
1st Rise: 2 Hours
2nd Rise: 1 Hour
Bake @ 375°F: 15-20 minutes
- 80/20 Ground Beef
- American Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Squid Ink: http://amzn.to/1PPHPVZ
- White Onions
- Leafy Lettuce
- Dill Pickle Chips
- A1 Steak Sauce
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast (red packet)
- 1 Cup Hot Water (105°F)
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 2 Tbsp White Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Bamboo Charcoal: http://amzn.to/1OJ9RFh
- 2 Tbsp A1 Steak Sauce
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2-1/2 Cups Flour (add more if necessary)
- Kitchen Aid Mixer: http://amzn.to/1FKv4f0
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet
- Tin Foil
- To make our black buns, first start by mixing in a big bowl your active dry yeast packet (1 Tbsp), ½ Cup All Purpose Flour & 1 Cup of Hot Water. Roughly 105°F.
- Whisk and wait 15 minutes or until the mixture turns thick and foamy.
- Add in 1 Egg, 3 Tbsp Melted Butter, 2 Tbsp Sugar and 1 Tsp Salt.
- To make them black, add in 2 Tbsp Bamboo Charcoal and 2 Tbsp A1 Steak Sauce.
- Mix together completely before adding in 2-1/2 Cups of Flour, Mix on low speed and slowly add in more flour as necessary until you get a sticky, but not sticky, but not dry consistency.
- Once well combined take your dough out of the mixer and put into a clean bowl with some oil. Cover with tin foil and let rise for 2 hours or until it doubles in size.
- Take your dough out and flatten into a rectangular shape, cut your dough into 8 buns, tuck the sides underneath into a ball, lay them on a backing sheet, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for an additional hour.
- Take 1 beaten egg and milk and lightly brush on top of buns. Sprinkle on sesame seeds and bake for 15 minutes at 375°F.
- /2 cup mozzarella cheese, dash of milk, slowly melt on med low heat, then add one tablespoon of squid ink.
- Spread cheese out on parchment paper, let cool, then cut into square cheese shapes.
- For whopper ⅓ pound 80/20 ground beef, hand pressed about ¼ inch thick, and grill.
- Slice tomatoes, onion, and clean your leafy lettuce.
- Time to build your Halloween A1 Whopper. Start with the black bottom bun, plastic cheese, burger patty, black cheese, pickles, white onion, tomato, leafy lettuce, and the top bun with mayonnaise. Don't forget your A.1. sauce.
Total Fat 43g
Total Carbs 52g
Dietary Fiber 3g