Is it SOW or SOE? Seroiusly I'm too lazy for google translate... Either way, we're at it again forcing my mom to make something she has no background in making... that is... American Chinese Food. Ironically we made this recipe on Christmas Day, where everything is closed except for Chinese Food.
329 Calories Per Serving
Makes 12 Servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Fry Chicken @ 375°F: 2-3 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cube chicken into 1/2" cubes, same size you get at Panda Express.
- In medium sized bowl mix the chicken, salt, sugar and white pepper. Mix in 1 cup of corn starch a little bit at a time until the chicken cubes are coated.
- In batches, or using the deep fryer listed above, carefully drop chicken cubes one by one into a 375°F fryer. Fry until their golden brown; about 3 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a paper towel or rack. Once all the chicken is fried, refry the chicken starting with the first batch. Cook until the chicken turns into a deep golden brown; about 2 more minutes.
- Steam peppers, onions and green beans.
- Heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in your wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir in chopped green onion, minced garlic, chopped whole chiles, and orange zest. Cook and stir a minute or two until the garlic has turned golden brown and the chilis brighten. Add 1/2 cup sugar, ginger, chicken broth, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and peanut oil. Bring to boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Dissolve 2 tsp of cornstarch into 1/4 cup water. Stir this mixture into the boiling sauce. Cook until the sauce thickens and is no longer cloudy from the cornstarch; about 1 minute. Stir the fried chicken & vegetables into the boiling sauce. Reduce the heat to low and cook for a few minutes until the chicken absorbs some of the sauce.
- Serve over rice and enjoy Panda Express at home.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.