I’m a big fan of bread and bowls, so obviously a bread bowl just makes sense in my life. I’m also a big fan of grilled cheese and tomato soup, so why not just bring these two happy counterparts together to form a grilled cheese tomato soup bread bowl.
1350 Calories Per Bread Bowl
Makes 4 Servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Grill: 5-10 minutes
Broil: 2-3 minutes
- Bread Bowl
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1-1/2 Cups Water
- ½ Cup Milk
- 2 Cans of Tomatoes
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 oz Oil Packed Sun Dried Tomatoes Drained
- 1 Medium Carrot
- ¼ Cup Diced Onion
- 2 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Clove Garlic
- ½ Vegetable Bouillon Cube
- To begin we're going to make some homemade tomato soup. You can easily cut some corners here and just buy canned soup, but for those that want a healthy delicious homemade tomato soup, lets continue.
- Mix all the tomato soup ingredients into a pot or in our case a Vitamix blender. The Vitamix blender simply makes the process a bit easier.
- For the Vitamix option, blend all ingredients until steam begins to appear. Takes approximately 5-10 minutes.
- For the stove top option, make sure all your components are finely diced before putting them into a pot. If you have an immersion blender that would work fine.
- For the bread bowl, cut off the top like a lid and then take your knife into the bread and cut around to dig out the center. Once the centered has been pulled out, cut them into cubes like you would any bread bowl.
- Add butter to a hot skillet on medium high heat and then toss in your bread cubes along with some shredded cheddar cheese on top. What we are basically creating are grilled cheese bread cubes that will be used to dip into the tomato soup bread bowl.
- For the bread bow, toss in some shredded cheddar cheese as a coating for the inside of the bowl. Then broil the bread bowl until the cheese melts completely. Now pour in the tomato soup.
- Once all of your components have been brought together you basically have a cheesy tomato soup bread bowl with a bunch of little grilled cheese bread cubes surrounding it.
- This type of recipe is perfect as an appetizer for any event.