After receiving so many requests we knew it was time to create a Giant Oreo. There was no better person to bake this with us than Emma from Emma’s Goodies who’s made Oreos so many times on her channel. This recipe is very simple, but can become meticulous if you want to get creative with the detail of the design. Have fun with this as Oreos are one of the best treats out there and eating a giant one is something that everyone should do at least once.
- 200 gr All Purpose Flour
- 50 gr Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- 100 gr Powdered Sugar
- 5-6 drops of black food coloring. You don't need a lot! It's just to enhance the dark color.
- 2 Egg Yolk.
- 150 gr softened Butter
- 200 gr Butter
- 400 gr Powdered Sugar
- 4 tsp Vanilla extract
- Start by making your cookie batter. Blend together flour, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar. Then blend in softened butter, egg yolks, and black food gel.
- Knead cookie dough until it comes together. Place on parchment paper and place another piece of parchment paper on top. Using a rolling pin roll into ½ inch thickness and refrigerate. (Chilling your cookie will help you cut it, shape, and decorate your OREO and will also make sure that your cookie maintains its shape when it bakes.)
- Mold into two 8 inch circles with a stencil. Using the back of a spoon or spatula, press into the sides of the circle, creating divots all around. Then chill in the fridge.
- Using your extra dough, that has been chilling, roll out ¼ inch thick and cut out your lettering and shapes for your decorative pieces for your Giant OREO. Gently press on your pieces onto one of the cookies using egg whites as the glue.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Let cool entirely before lifting or it will break.
- While cooling make your butter cream. Place your butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl and blend until creamy.
- Take your non decorated OREO cookie and place it down on a cutting board then pipe in your buttercream frosting. Once it is about 1 and ½ inches high top it off with your other OREO Cookie.
- Grab a giant glass of milk, dip and enjoy.