Grab your hot sauce because Taco Bell just came out with the NAKED chicken chalupa, so we had to do what we normally do, make it GIANT. Four chicken breasts, some tooth picks, 24 hours in the freezer, and a vat of oil is basically all you need to make this happen. If you can handle this task you will undoubtably feel better about yourself.
Prep: 24 hours
Deep Fry @ 350°F: 5-7 minutes
Bake @ 425°F: 30 minutes
- Butterfly 4 chicken breasts and pound them out.
- Take two of the chicken breasts and tooth pick them together as the bottom of the taco. Then take the other two creating the top of the taco shell.
- Place parchment paper in the middle of the shell to keep the shell open and place it on a cutting board that is covered in parchment paper. Cover with saran wrap and stick in the freezer for 24 hours, or until frozen hard.
- *NOTE* If you want to take the tooth picks out, do so before it freezes all the way
- Bread your chicken. Start with flour, the beaten egg, flour, egg, then finish it with the seasoned chicken breader.
- Deep fry for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Carefully take it out of the fryer oil and place on a prepared baking sheet and bake until the internal temperature of the taco is 165°F (about 30 minutes).
- While it is baking blend avocado and ranch to create your avocado ranch sauce, cut romaine into shreds, and large dice the tomatoes.
- Prop your Giant Chicken Chalupa up and fill with your avocado ranch sauce, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Now you can decide if this is something you want to eat on your own or share with your friends. It'll be incredibly tasty so it'll be hard to share.