We present to you a delicious mac n cheese recipe in a donut shape with a Cheetos powdered glaze. Shoving candles into this monstrosity will make any birthday better. Big Happy Birthday to Julia Goolia and a huge thanks to Threadbanger for helping our giant donut dreams come to life.
Prep: 12-24 hours (freezing process)
Deep Fry @ 350°F: 4 minutes
Bake @ 350°F: 60 minutes
- 4 Cups Elbow Macaroni Noodles
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz Mascarpone
- 8 oz Velveeta
- 1 Cup Flour (for breading)
- 3-4 Eggs
- 1 Family Size Cheetos Puffs Bag
- Vegetable Oil (for deep frying)
- Giant Donut Mold: http://amzn.to/2l1KpPy
- Skip to step 8 if you have old leftover mac & cheese in your fridge. But if you want a nice recipe for mac and cheese please continue reading
- Boil an entire 1 lb box of elbow macaroni, drain, etc.
- In a sauce pan add 2 Tbsp Butter & ½ Cup Heavy Cream and bring to a boil
- Add room temperature Velveeta Cheese & Mascarpone & finely grated sharp cheddar cheese to sauce pan until completely blended / melted
- Add Cooked Elbow Macaroni and mix
- Eat it, it's fresh and it should taste good
- Let the mac n cheese cool.
- Spray donut molds with cooking spray and fill both molds with the cooled mac n cheese. Push the molds together carefully and wrap tightly with saran wrap.
- Freeze for 12 - 24 hours
- Carefully take the donut out of the mold to bread it. Start with the flour, then the egg wash, flour, egg wash, and then blitzed Cheetos Puffs.
- Deep Fry at 350°F for 2-4 minutes
- Bake in 350°F for 60 minutes.
- TIPS: If you crush the Cheetos by hand you will get a more crunchy texture. Try other types of coatings besides Cheetos and other types of mac n cheese. Have fun with these steps!