Since the giant chicken nugget we’ve been on track recreating oversized versions of the entire McDonalds menu, one item at a time. Focusing on breakfast specifically, the McDonalds hash brown is an all time classic and a favorite compliment to any breakfast sandwich on the menu. One is never enough! So we made one above average in size and also show you a crafty way to create oversized sleeve to hold it in.
- 2 Cups Russet Potatoes (5 medium potatoes)
- 2 Tbsp Masa Flour
- ¼ Cup Breadcrumbs (plain)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Oil for Frying
- Grate four large potatoes. Put in a bowl of water. Prior to stuffing your hashbrown take out of water and dry on a paper towel.
- Clean and peal potatoes
- Grate the potatoes into large shreds.
- In a bowl combine grated potatoes, 2 Tbsp Masa Corn Flour, ¼ Cup Breadcrumbs and 1 tsp Salt until this mixture until well combined.
- Place the potato into a circled cake pan to make a circle shape. Then place the potato on parchment paper squeezing the circle to make it into a cylinder, to look like the hash brown shape.
- Let it firm up in the freezer before deep frying
- Deep Fry at 350°F for 5 minutes or until golden brown
- Dip it in a big bowl of ketchup and enjoy!