Believe it or not, it’s easier to make giant versions of things rather than make a dozen normal sized things because they’re less things you gotta do, so don’t be too impressed by the size of this thing, because this is a simple recipe for making normal candy canes, we just decided to mush one big candy cane together and call it a day.
3,825 Calories Per Giant Candy Cane
Prep: 10 minutes
Boil till 290°F
- 3 Cups White Granulated Sugar
- 1-1/4 cups light corn syrup
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 Tsp Mint Extract
- 10 Drops Red Food Dye
- Twas a recipe for candy canes... I'm not sure why we did this
- we still have candy canes we never ate from last christmas
- but we're doing it anyway with a hellthyjunkfood style
- It's be really cool if you guys can help this video go viral
- In a pan on high heat add some sugar and glucose
- then add in your water, but don't get too close
- cus it gets really hot when it boils in the pan
- The last thing you want is third degree burns on your hand.
- Now we wait till this thing says 300 degrees
- it's been like 10 minutes... it's not 300 degrees
- it's been like an hour it's not 300 degrees
- Ummmm... I don't think this thermometer works...
- Now add in your flavoring, I prefer bacon fat
- Then pour half of this mixture on a silicone mat
- Julia had trouble with what half looked like
- so we have one giant red and a small little white
- With the other half of our mixture, add red dye and stir
- And place in the oven so it doesn't get fur..mm
- Now stretch out your white and roll it into a log
- Do the same for your red like a candy hot dog
- Snip in the middle and stack end to end
- and twist this long log with the help of a friend
- Now bend the one end like a hook, "wow that's genius"
- We didn't mean for that end to resemble a penis
- JP that's gross, you're the only who sees this
- I don't care Julia... cus I'm still gonna eat this
- and that's how you sorta make candy canes
- we hope you had fun
- and now we're gonna eat this thing after the poems is done
- So stick around after, grab some wine, rum & beer
- HelthyJunkFood to all and a happy new year!