Enchilada Sauce Ingredients
484 Calories Per Sandwich
Enchilada Sauce Recipe
- In a medium saucepan heat oil and add flour combining together for about a minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cook on low for 15 minutes so the sauce can thicken. Adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- We then use this sauce (about half) to pressure cook with our chicken. You can also use it to slow cook the chicken as well.
- With the remaining sauce we're going to add some sour cream until we get a nice orange color.
Pulled Enchilada Chicken
- Get 2 nicely plump chicken breasts and trim off the fat if you desire.
- Place these bad boys into your pressure cooker or slow cooker, add about 1/2 cup of water and about two cups of your enchilada sauce.
- Pressure cook based on your appliances directions, mine was 15 minutes at 70psi
- Now the chicken should shred easily with two forks. After you're done shredding, mix the remaining juices / sauce with the shredded chicken to get it nice and lathered up in sauce.
- This part is pretty self explanatory, but I thought the pictures looked nice at those angles so I added it in. Basically we're doing it Subway Style, by "toasting" the bread prior to putting on the cold toppings.
- Here we've pretty much laid out some mixed shredded cheese and a generous heaping portion of enchilada pulled chicken.
- And my favorite part... assembly time. You can put whatever in the world comes to mind on this. It's a sub, you have full freedom to do as you please. The pictures below are just for your entertainment and maybe inspire you.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.