Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Fried rice is a staple in Asian cuisine and making it at home gives you the opportunity to make it taste so much better than your neighborhood Chinese restaurant. This is because of the ingredients used to make the flavor umame. Quality rice, fish sauce, soy sauce, and oyster sauce makes all the difference in the flavor. This recipe is so quick and easy, and thanks to our friend Mark Boyce, one of the most delicious chicken fried rice dishes you will ever have.
307 Calories Per Serving
Makes 8 Servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Fat 2.7g
Total Carbs 55.8g
Dietary Fiber 1g
- Cut chicken into thin 1/4" slices. Season with salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne pepper if you like it spicy.
- Cook 3 cups of rice. While rice cooks prepare your vegetables.
- Cut red onion into a small dice and yellow pepper into a medium dice. Saute vegetables in a pan at medium high heat. Mix in frozen vegetables. Once fully cooked set aside.
- Add oil to your wok and toss cook chicken until cooked through. Once cooked set aside with vegetables.
- Scramble one egg and cook in the wok. Set aside.
- In an empty wok add in 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 5 cloves of minced garlic, 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce, and 2 tbsp oyster sauce.
- Add rice, chicken, and vegetables to the sauce and heat for 5 minutes and serve.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.