Serving Size 1 Egg Roll Whole
Total Fat 7.2g
Total Carbs 12.9g
Dietary Fiber 0.8g
French Onion Soup Directions
- Melt a 1/4 Cup of Butter in a rather large sauce pan.
- Slice up 2 Sweet Onions and toss them into your pan with the butter.
- Add Garlic, Fresh Thyme and Bay Leaf's and let the onions cook down for 25 minutes or until the onions are soft and caramelized. I set my stovetop to medium to medium high carefully stirring and watch the onions cook down in order to prevent them from burning or cooking unevenly.
- Now add in 1/2 Cup Red Wine, bring it to a boil and then let it simmer until the wine reduces down for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove the Thyme stems and Bay Leaf's before proceeding.
- Add in some flour to thicken it up, cook this on low so it doesn't burn and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Lastly add in our Beef Stock and let this simmer for 10 minutes or longer.
- Cook down your mushrooms in a frying pan.
- I took my Roast Beef slices and placed them in the simmering soup to absorb the juices.
- Lay out your Egg Roll Wrapper and lay down a half of a Polly-O String Cheese slice. I used Polly-O because it comes in a convenient shape to wrap in.
- Using tongs place 1 slice of Roast Beef onto the wrapper, then add a few onions from the soup and a few mushrooms.
- Wrap it up and wet your finger with a little water to seal up the Egg Roll.
- Repeat these steps until you have all you're done.
- Deep fry these at 365°F for 2 minutes per side (mine floated so I had to pay attention to them)
- Serve these with a side of your soup. I got fancy and shredded some Parmesan Cheese on top. Completely optional.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.