After years on Youtube creating oversized versions of our favorite junk foods, on this day, we created the classic American Chinese cookie, the Fortune Cookie. With the help of our Instagram and Twitter followers we picked the best fortune to go inside. This is a super fun recipe to do with friends and family! It’s also incredibly tasty too so go out there and make your FORTUNES come true.
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place parchment on on pizza pan, spray oil, and set aside.
- Cut paper in half, long ways, and write a fortune. Set aside.
- In a bowl sift flour and salt together.
- Using a second bowl, whisk eggs and sugar together for about 1 minute. Add the flour & salt mixture. Stir together.
- Add butter and milk and stir together.
- Pour all of the mixture onto the prepared baking set up and smooth out with a rubber spatula into a very thin large circle.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cookie is golden brown on the edges and cooked through in the center.
- Remove the cookie from the oven quickly and place your fortune inside. Fold the cookie in half, and then half again pinching the edges together to create the fortune cookie shape.
- Let the cookie cool entirely in a bowl, holding it's shape together.