Extra Long BBQ Cheeseburger
So I think this is Burger King's answer to the McRib... or their answer to giving up. I guess this thing is basically two Rodeo's on a long piece of bread. That takes some stunning innovation. We're gonna make this at home due to my partnership with DaymDrops and the fact that I will be cooking what he's reviewing so the folks at home that don't have a Burger King nearby can try it for themselves!
Prep: 10 min Cook: 10 min
Beer Batter Recipe
- In a large bowl Season 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour with the ingredients listed above and slowly pour in your beer. Any beer will do. I used about 1-1/2 bottles of beer. If you add too much you can always add in more flour. It will dilute the seasonings a bit, so add extra if necessary.
- In a shallow pan pour in seasoned panko breadcrumbs. This will be used to coat the beer battered onion rings.
- I cut my onions 1/8 - 1/4" thick.
- To coat, you simply dip into the batter and then dip into the panko, repeat several times.
- Preheat your Vegetable oil to 365°F [185°C] and deep fry your onion rings for roughly 5 minutes or until they look golden brown.
- Since we are placing our burger onto a sub style roll, we're going to form it in the same shape. I sprinkled on some meat tenderizer seasoning to keep the flavors of the beef and also prevent the burger from shrinking up too much.
- I set my oven to broil and pre-heated a grill pan in the oven. This will give you those authentic Burger King grill marks on the burger patty.
- Broil for about 3 minutes each side and you should have a perfectly cooked
- Grill up your sub bun and layer as shown below with these lovely pictures for your convenience.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.