Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients
256 Calories per Sandwich
- Slice the potatoes into shoe string sizes. If you have a mandolin Slicer, this will make this next step the easiest.
- Once all the potatoes are sliced, toss them into a bowl with ice water to rinse off the starch and the ice to keep them crispy later on
- Drain thoroughly and sprinkle in salt, pepper, garlic powder & cayenne pepper along with some vegetable oil.
- Transfer into a non-stick skillet and fry until golden brown on medium heat. This step can take up to 10 minutes.
- Combine 2 egg yolks, Lemon Juice, Mustard & Hot Sauce into a blender. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds.
- At this point, add in 1/4 Cup of melted hot butter while still blending on high speed. At this point the mixture should thicken instantly and the speed of the blend should be adequate in fully cooking the egg yolk.
- To poach our egg, simply microwave a glass custard dish more than half full of water for 1 minute. These times are for 1100 Watt Microwave.
- Crack an egg into the hot water and microwave for an additional 30 seconds
- At this point you can let it sit in the water, it will still remain runny don't worry!
- Toast English Muffin to your own toasting desire
- Grill 2 slices of deli ham, more if you aren't portion controlling your diet
- Plate with the Toasted English Muffin bottom, 2 slices of deli ham, poached egg and top with hollandaise sauce! Enjoy :D
Variations on this recipe are allowed but not recommended.
I always say a video says everything. If you have trouble following this recipe, please watch the link below for a very detailed description! Enjoy :)