Within the last two years Glitter Beards have gone viral as a high fashion statement. You can catch beards sparkling from afar during special events and holidays all over the US. We noticed no one has made and edible version.
How do you make Edible Glitter? Should glitter be on someones face? Should you eat it?
We do recommend doing this but don’t necessarily eat it. This edible glitter recipe is also great for decorating desserts from cupcakes, to cakes, to sundaes.
- 4 Pkts Unflavored Gelatin
- 9 Tbsp Water
- 3-5 Drops Pearl Sheen: https://amzn.to/2GU15HO
- 3-5 Drops Electric Pink: https://amzn.to/2GStzxU
- Pink Luster Dust: https://amzn.to/2qnNqi9
- Keep in mind that this takes 24 hours. Mix gelatin with 9 tbsp water. Let the gelatin bloom. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add food dye.
- Place acetate paper on a sheet pan and pour your mixture in the center of the sheet. Make s thin layer of the liquid. Let this set 24 hours. You'll know it's done when the gelatin begins to peal away from the acetate paper.
- Break the glitter into small pieces and grind in the coffee grinder. Strain through a siv and set your glitter aside.
- Find a volunteer. Preferably an individual with a beard. If they don't have a beard this works too.
- Put gloves on and use hands to spread the frosting on the beard.
- Using a make up brush, attach the edible glitter to their face.
- Do the same for eyebrows.
- Go have a fashion show. Lick your lips and take a lot of pics!!