I never knew 7Eleven was so creative! If only they could make stuff taste good too we’d be in business. These seemed too perfect to recreate with taco beef. So I decided to take the concept from Taco Bell and 7Eleven to create this hybrid.
166 Calories Per Serving
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 10 min
- 1lb Taco Meat - 907 Calories
- 4oz Ground Up Doritos - 560 Calories
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese - 220 Calories
- ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese - 160 Calories
- 1 Scrambled Egg (for egg wash)
- ½ Cup Flour (for breading)
- Sour cream
- Brown meat in a pan and add in taco seasoning. Follow directions provided on taco seasoning packet. If you want to make your own taco seasoning I have an awesome heLLthy version on my page Here.
- Once the meat is browned mix in ½ Cup Shredded & ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese.
- Once the mixture has cooled, form a ball about the size of a golf ball and roll it into flour. Then press it out into a shape of a triangle on a sheet of wax or parchment paper.
- Repeat this step. You should be able to make about 12.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- While the triangles are in the freezer, using a food processor grind up Doritos chips until extra fine. It will make it easier to crumble them in your hands before placing into the food processor.
- Take frozen triangles out of freezer and re dip these into flour then into an egg wash and then into your crushed Doritos.
- Deep fry at 365°F [185°C] for 2-3 minutes.
- Best served with the optional toppings listed above. These are basically a taco without the lettuce, tomato, sour cream, etc.
Total Fat 6g
Potassium - mg
Total Carbs 6g
Dietary Fiber 1g