- Brown meat in a pan and add in taco seasoning. Follow directions provided on taco seasoning packet. If you want to make your own taco seasoning I have an awesome heLLthy version on my page Here.
- Once the meat is browned mix in 1/2 Cup Shredded & 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese.
- Once the mixture has cooled, form a ball about the size of a golf ball and roll it into flour. Then press it out into a shape of a triangle on a sheet of wax or parchment paper.
- Repeat this step. You should be able to make about 12.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- While the triangles are in the freezer, using a food processor grind up Doritos chips until extra fine. It will make it easier to crumble them in your hands before placing into the food processor.
- Take frozen triangles out of freezer and re dip these into flour then into an egg wash and then into your crushed Doritos.
- Deep fry at 365°F [185°C] for 2-3 minutes.
- Best served with the optional toppings listed above. These are basically a taco without the lettuce, tomato, sour cream, etc.
Disclaimer: Nutrition Facts are estimated through MyFitnessPal and should act as a general guideline and in no way represent any actual facts.